Confirmation & Communion!
You will be aware that the Confirmation Ceremony for our 6th class students scheduled for late March was postponed by Bishop Ray Browne due to the school closure. The First Holy Communion Ceremony scheduled for May 9th will also have to be postponed. I have spoken to Fr. Pat Crean Lynch and I am led to believe that Bishop Browne will issue a statement later this week.
The timing and format of the hosting of these sacraments will depend on the staggered easing of the current restrictions and all social distancing requirements going forward. As soon as I have confirmation of these and we are confident that a date and format can be decided upon, I will let you know.
Donal Walsh Day 2020!
I have spoken with the Parents Association and our annual Donal Walsh Spa 6K Challenge & Fun Day (scheduled for May 17th) will have to be postponed. The Parents Association hopes that, when the current restrictions are lifted and that it is deemed safe and allowable, we might try to host a very simple event for people to enjoy! All decisions on this will be governed by guidance from the Dept of Education and An Garda Síochána. We have spoken with the Walsh Family on this matter and they are in full agreement.