The Board of Management of Spa National School invites applications for the position of secretary for the academic year 2021 – 2022,
(30 hours per week covering 190 days every year.)
The ideal candidate will have:
• Recognised Qualifications
• Secretarial experience operating in a busy office environment and/or secretarial experience working in a child centred environment.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills, ensuring good record-keeping and adherence to school procedures & policies
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication skills.
• Competency in maintaining financial accounts, including wages, budgets, on line payment systems, procurement and monthly financial reports.
• A high level of proficiency in I.C.T. and in the use of Microsoft Office, G Suite and other online applications.
• A familiarity of working with on line school databases (e.g Aladdin, POD & OLCS systems) as well as a knowledge of GDPR & Data Protection requirements.
• The ability to assist the Principal with the daily administration tasks and meeting requests and scheduling events etc.
• The willingness to plan and work efficiently, on own initiative and show flexibility consistent with the nature of the job.
• Experience in the maintenance of office equipment and supplies and of liaising successfully with representatives of service providers, suppliers, school users and visitors.
• An ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism and the Catholic Ethos of the school at all times.
Basic First Aid experience
Only those shortlisted for interview will receive a reply.
If called for interview, the applicant must be able to attend in person at the assigned time and date
Application by post ONLY to The Chairperson, Spa N.S., Tralee, Co Kerry.
The Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, August 12th 2021.
Please clearly state “SECRETARY APPLICATION” on the envelope.
The appointment is subject to Garda Vetting and the successful candidate will be required to undertake TUSLA Child protection Training, Covid 19 online training and training in GDPR. The position is subject to a 10 month probation period.
- Letter of Application
- Referees (name, role, contact no.)
- Copy of Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees
- CV (Unbound/Slide Binder)
.Applications may be submitted by