Spa N.S. has always valued the importance of its school uniform. It enhances every child’s association with the school and provides our students with a strong sense of identity and belonging.
Following a review, it has been decided that for the 2020 /21 school year
- Every student attending Spa N.S. can wear the complete formal school uniform or the complete school tracksuit option or both depending on the pupil’s and parent’s preference.
- The school authorities will not allocate days for the wearing of the formal and tracksuit options, but will allow the parents to make this decision provided a few basic guidelines are adhered to and respected. These guidelines are listed on the next page.
Spa N.S.’s formal school uniform comprises of
Dark Navy trousers /pinafore skirt
Dark Navy V-neck jumper / cardigan with school crest. (c.f. details on cresting options later in this letter)
Navy & silvery grey school tie
Navy socks / tights
Full Black sensible shoes
Spa N.S.’s tracksuit comprises of
Dark Navy Round neck top with school crest (c.f. details on cresting options later in this letter)
White Polo shirt.
Dark Navy tracksuit bottoms
Full Black runners. (c.f. below details of acceptable brands & styles available in shops in Tralee)
Where can I purchase the Spa N.S. uniform for my child?
For the 2020 -21 school year, families now have two options.
- Pre crested formal uniforms and tracksuits are still available and can be purchased in Shindig Clothes Shop in Ashe Street in Tralee. (066) 7121028
- Plain navy items for the formal uniform (v neck jumper, cardigan, trousers, pinafore skirts,) and for the tracksuit (navy round neck top and tracksuit bottoms) can be purchased in Dunnes Stores, Marks and Spencers and Shaws Department Stores and the appropriate school cresting can be completed on these items in Henneberys Sports Shop in Tralee.
Please note also the following guidelines.
- The highest standard of personal appearance will be expected at all times.
- The school will expect that all children’s uniforms will be clean and tidy at all times. Students will be expected to wear the complete uniform. Parents are encouraged to have the uniform washed at the weekends so that the children are not without their uniforms during the week.
- All torn items should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Children will be required to wear the school tracksuit to school on PE days, when going swimming or playing after school sports.
- The school hopes that all students representing the school at special events such as quizzes, curricular presentations and awards ceremonies will wear the full formal school uniform etc.
- Hair should be neat and tidy.
- Eye shadow, make up or nail polish are not permitted.
- Stud earrings, worn in the lower lobe of the ear and watches are the only jewellery permitted.
- Children should have their names clearly marked on their uniforms, coats and other personal belongings.